1 September 2015
- Around 2.25pm: The dive boat makes a mayday call reporting one missing diver, about 5 miles south of Lizard Point.
- 2.38pm: Volunteer crew from The Lizard launch their all-weather lifeboat and Falmouth and Penlee crews launch soon after.
- An RNAS Culdrose search and rescue helicopter joins the search, along with the dive boat and HMS Somerset, which was in the area.
- The diver is spotted conscious and waving on the surface by crew on HMS Somerset. The diver was 15 miles from where he first entered the water.
- Crew on a seaboat from HMS Somerset pick up the diver and transfer him to the dive boat. The diver is airlifted by the helicopter and flown to Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, as a precaution.
- By 5pm: All lifeboats are back at their stations.