When visiting these locations, always keep the following safety advice in mind.
- Always wear an appropriate lifejacket or buoyancy aid unless it is safe not to do so.
- Always have a means of calling and signalling for help.
- Ensure there is an emergency action plan in place and everybody has an appropriate onboard briefing.
- Undertake the appropriate level of training for your craft.
- Always check the weather and tide times.
- Make sure someone ashore knows where you are going and who to call if you don’t return on time.
For more advice on safe sailing, see our pages on yacht sailing and motorboating.